Thread: Prague Trains
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2007, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upney Sidings View Post
I couldn't agree more even though I have virtually no interest in the modern scene personally. However, I follow the pictorial and scripted meanderings of a Dutch blog several times per week and am amazed at the variety of motive power and colour that appears there and within such a small country. But railways (and canals) are integral to that country and so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

the drawback for non-Dutch viewers is that the text is entirely in Dutch and so much of the considerable wry humour would be lost. It can be very funny indeed particularly when the author twists his knives in the backs of state paranoia (familiar?) and general inefficiency. What should amaze British viewers is that NS which has a pretty poor record of preservation seems to be very lax when it comes to enthusiasts specials comprising DMUs and EMUs to tootle around the countryside with seemingly gay abandon.

And then we add to the mix Nico's (the author of the blog) alleged fetish for bums and boobs which can also provide some amusement.

http://www.nicospilt.com/nieuw.htm

He has some great archive railways and bus shots on show much of the time as well.

Mike
Mike, I took a look at the site - what a variety! Pity I cannot speak the language (although the pictures of ladies need no translation).