View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 01:01

That's a great picture Swisstrains, I've downloaded it for my screensaver, hope you don't mind. I have a screen saver program which goes through my own and other peoples railway pics at random....... It'll make a great addition!

What year was that? Can't remember when we last had so much snow!

The area by the way Swiss trains is really; ...."Lowton". er...(how can I put this) "Low" as in little, not "low" as in Allow; like BBC Radio tends to pronounce it.....

Yes it's difficult to get to as you know.... and I have the scratches to prove it. The annoying thing is that opposite the monument there is an almost flat (albeit overgrown by brambles etc area which could easily be made into a viewing place at little cost). Given it's world historic value, this line and it's "monuments and history" seem to be of little consequence to the local councils.

I note with envy that Germany has made much more of it's first railway (between Nurnberg and Berlin), it's locomotive "Adler" (built by Robert Stephenson & Co in the N.E.), and driven by the Englishman "William Wilson" on it's innaugaraul run.

P.S. If you'd like any of the pics let me know and I'll send them to you. The origionals are @ 10 megapixels........

Last edited by Resolution; 3rd May 2008 at 01:10.