View Single Post
Old 19th October 2011, 21:40

Simulator "Railworks"

I purchased this PC/DVD Simulator today as it was on special offer. I think it was originally in English but has been translated to Spanish (I live in Spain and can get by on Spanish).It has routes Bristol-Templecombe,York-Newcastle and Oxford-Paddington as well as an American journey from Denver and an Alpine route.
It is distributed by www.friendware.es

My problem is when I entered the disc to install the message came up "Railworks" and "Technical Support". I clicked on Railworks and a site called "Steam" (from a company called Valve?) was installed and said I had to open an account to proceed. This was free but after I registered and opened the site Steam is an online shop for selling computer games.
There appears to be no connection with Railworks therefore I could not start the simulator.
I uninstalled Steam and attempted a second time to install Railworks.This time I got the site but I had to give a code which I had not found and therefore had to quit the site.
I have found the code (I think) but now each time I try to enter Railworks I am directed to the Steam site.
Has anyone got this simulator or can anyone advise if I am doing something wrong or what the problem might be?
Many Thanks for any advice/help.