View Single Post
Old 21st July 2011, 19:57

Smile

Well, what a wonderful forum this is turning out to be. Everyone is so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
I've taken on board all your extremely useful information and note the comment about the best times being from Tuesday to Friday so I'll change my 'away day' from Sunday to midweek.
A couple of days ago at one of our local 'bargain shops' I bought the last copy of a 2010 French atlas and it was good to get information from because not only did it have a good scale (1cm = 2km) but it showed a lot of railway lines with crossings, stations and bridges, all very clearly marked.
What I need to look for now on the internet is a map of France showing all the railway lines so that I can get as varied locations as possible (from the busy lines to the rarely used ones) for the photos.
So thank you for all your information which I've started to put on a chart with all the places I need to visit and this will be added to on a regular basis. I'll no doubt be posting some of the resulting photos in due course.
I used to visit the GC line at Rothley and also visited Bridgnorth and Doncaster of numerous occasions, so it's nice to keep in touch with what's going on in the UK through the forum posts and photos. Now I've found this site, I can have my weekly fix of railway topics. What's so good about the photos is that they range from the very old steam engines to the most modern and up to date railway stock.
What started out as a lot of unknown is now turning into a wonderful organised project and I'm really beginning to enjoy myself. It's thanks to all of you that I've got this far. I thought I'd be on my own with this but far from it. Thank you!