View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2006, 23:33

Thanks for the tips lads. A largish car park will be required at the front of the layout in between the diesel and steam sheds. I want the 2mm scale visitors to be overawed by the locos as they climb out of their tin boxes!

I'm currently trying to come up with a fictitious history for the preserved line. It's going to be known as the 'South Holderness Light Railway' and the station will probably be 'Hedon' (where I was brought up) which was on the long closed Hull - Withernsea branch. It's not going to be a slavish copy of the real Hedon station by any means, but I want it to have a bit of the local flavour at least. Which means no tunnels, so the track will have to disappear through the backscene disguised by plenty of trees.

And I've already decided on my next loco purchase (it's known as putting the cart before the horse ). I really want one of those Dapol Class 73's, preferably the large logo BR blue model.

Anyhow, track laying is due to commence next Monday. A 2mm scale Lord Mayor of Hedon will be invited to cut the first sod!!