View Single Post
Old 4th February 2012, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken WSRfan View Post
The new format is nowhere near as good as the old pdf file. But...I spend far too much of my time on the 'dark side' of the internet and as such I know how to do things that perhaps we're not supposed to. After a little work last night I now have issue 300 stored on my computer as a pdf. Much nicer.

Mischief managed.
Perhaps you could send me a private message on how to achieve such a thing; I've got 298 of the 299 previous issues stored in a file labelled 'Railway Herald', I like to check through things in my own good time - in the middle of March I'm off to Spain for the best part of three weeks, and this new format has effectively put the kybosh on me saving, or even SEEING, any of the issues emerging during that period. It's a pain in the a**e, to be honest, I fumbled around for some time, but just gave up in the end, it's more trouble than it's worth. A great shame, it was a quality product, but they just had to b*gg*r around with it, just to 'keep up to date'. I've never much liked PDFs to be honest, but they're simplicity personified compared to the new format. I certainly won't be subscribing - they've made it hard work, temporary, and very importantly, no longer quite as free as it appears.
Bah humbug.