View Single Post
Old 11th November 2010, 03:01

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim d View Post
As far as i am aware there are times when a shipment of coal arrives at the docks and it is taken to Fiddlers Ferry power station via Merry Go Round trains as previously said a Freightliner service also operates.At present all traffic from the docks has to go into Edge Hill to run round because the only link from the dock line is toward Liverpool. Any traffic for the docks also has to go via a run round at Edge Hill sdgs.In their wisdom some years ago the brains decided to take the link to the docks out at Olive Mount jnc , so the triangle junction which fed the docks from the Manchester area up and down was lost. After many years of this working arrangement I understand this link is to be reinstated allowing traffic direct access to the dock branch at Olive Mount. I can only come to the conclusion that it can be justified. Another plan in the pipe line is the huge freight liner transfer point to be built in the Lea Green/Earlstown area a short trip to the container free port at Gladstone dock. Hope this info might be usefull. Jim
cheers for the info buddy......