Thread: This Christmas
View Single Post
Old 27th December 2008, 21:46
Station Manager

This Christmas

Well this Christmas has been very good to me again. I was given 6 Bachmann Milk Tankers, 4 Hornby 5 plank open Wagons, 4 BR 16 ton steel Mineral Wagons with top flaps, 4 BR 16 ton steel Mineral Wagons without top flaps,
A Scenecraft Leyland Beaver Box Van, A Scenecraft Leyland Comet Tipper, an Oxford Express and Birmingham Wales and Edward standard Milk Float (Three Wheeler). Today I went into town to the sales as SHMBO requested. I left her to go into the shops while I went around to the model railway shop to see what was on sale. I asked if they had a G2A in stock but was told they had not. I left my name a phone number with the guy and left the shop. About 30 mins later my mobile rang asking if I would return to the shop. I said OK and walked back from the shopping centre. The manager greeted me with an apology and said that they did have a G2A in stock and he was sorry that the youth worker had not checked the stock. For my troubles I could have it for £40. Well being the fool I am I had to think long and hard about this because I didn’t want to take advantage of some snotty nosed little kid (like Hell). Walking out and meeting the wife we returned to the car and home. When I opened the packet with the loco, I found that I did indeed have a G2A but it was not Bachmann 31-477 as it said on the box. It was in fact a 31-477DC. I think I will take it back tomorrow (Sunday) and if they don’t open the door then I have done the right thing and will keep the loco.