View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 12:48

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by klordger1900 View Post
Fthr developments at the site of the newest level crossing on the old Central Line is this old GER footbridge being lifted into place.

http://eorailway.co.uk/departments/diary/ - see photo on my gallery.
klordger1900 - Many thanks for alerting members to the updates on our website, and all the good work which is being undertaken by our teams down at the railway. Particularly while the railway is closed to the public, I like to keep the website up to date with all the latest news and developments. You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

The GER footbridge was rescued from further down the Central line at Woodford, and we are very grateful to ORPS for donating it for re-use at North Weald, and it looks very fitting within this period setting. It has been completely sand-blasted, painted and lifted in, but the stairs are in a bad way, and we hope to have the funds to look at these after we are once again running passenger trains.

The farm crossing at North Weald was indeed closed in 1968 (with LT obtaining the farmer an alternative route), but we have put in Chitt's Hill gates (donated by Network Rail) as a decorative feature. The juice rail ramps were still in place beside the trespass guards up to quite recently and in the future we may look at putting in a small length of juice rail as a decorative piece and for filming works somewhere along the picturesque branch.

(I hasten to add that there are NO plans to re-electrify the line on ORR / legal, cost, safety and security grounds.)

Thanks for your support, Simon, GM, EOR