Thread: Cab Rides
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2011, 14:36

Talking Didn't even request it !

Whilst on the station at Chur last September my son and I were waiting for the train back to Zurich and we were suspicious that the extra was going to be worked by a class540 with coaching stock, so we let the one on the plarform and waited to see what was going to work the extra. True to our expectations a class 540 pulled in along with inter city coaching stock.
A class 540 is a rail car which normally works in multiple with suburban coaches between.
We took several photos from various angles before boarding the train, just before departure the driver and guard, who had been chatting in the cab of the railcar walked down the train and shortly after I was touched on the shoulder and invited to ride with gentleman who was at my side, this gentleman of course was the driver, so we both went along with him into the cab.
On arrival at Landquart we were to be joined by a third member who had been out with us so we gave him the royal wave as we passed him on the platform. The driver then asked us if was with us and also gong through to Zurich, which he was, so he also was duly invited to join us in the cab.
As per the title we didn't even have to request this ride we were invited to be the drivers guests.