View Single Post
Old 17th October 2006, 15:33

Continental Figures.

I was leafing through a copy of 'Model Rail International' this morning, and found myself looking through the lists of figures that are available from Noch and Preiser.

I've seen the series of figures showing couples in various acts of...erm....congress on one of the websites, but reading through the adverts brought up some other interesting examples.

For instance, Noch advertise 'Sunbathers (Realistic look)' and 'Sunbathers (Good looking)'. I'm at something of a loss as to understand why any modeller would need to know the distinction! Preiser advertise 'Malicious Glee' in G scale, whatever malicious glee would be I haven't a clue.

But the one that really struck me was the Preiser G scale figure of the Pope. I mean...why? Unless you've got a G scale Vatican , what's the point? I suppose you could have him blessing a train before it tries to cross over a poorly built bridge on your garden railway. I wonder if they do a Pope in different positions? Maybe 'Pope reading newspaper' or 'Pope running for train'.