View Single Post
Old 13th September 2010, 11:47
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by klordger1900 View Post
Look what happened in the recent down-turn - lots of plans to expand Stansted Airport and Heathrow all put in the bin because the forecast demand just melted away. Business needs to travel around the globe disappeared and meetings took place over the internet with things like webinars. Maybe more meetings will happen this way so why travel by air or rail when you've got the internet.
A lot of meetings do take place via the Internet but I believe that it is still necessary to meet face to face and talk to real people in buisiness, government and socially.

It is great to talk with everyone on this Forum. It is even better when we have the opportunity to meet face to face. I would hate to think that the world will degenerate into people sitting in front of screens all the time instead of getting out and meeting each other. Humans are social animals and are best when they communicate face to face and can pick up emotions not just words!

As for HST2 I have always said on this Forum that I believe that it is essential to the future of this country as a transport system. When I travel I want to get there quickly and in comfort and spend time doing what I want/need to do and then get home. I prefer train travel to flying especially to avoid the hours wasted waiting in airports!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.