View Single Post
Old 6th August 2011, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony215 View Post
New to this forum. I watched this on youtube, after i was told about it by some freinds. I must say pete waterman, didnt hold back shooting down the nonsense that this nimby was spouting.

There is another video on youtube with him arguing with christian wolmar, who says that the governemnt, is overstating how many passengers would use it, might be true but i suspect as we have see with otehr lines which have been re-opened passenger numbers could be much higher than the governement predicted.

I personally think we need HS2 urgently and i am fed up with some of these nimbys, although perhaps a few do raise some good points.

It is good to see those who have a understanding of the railways such as pete waterman and rails' nigel harris standing up for HS2, i just hope the governemnt shows a backbone and doesnt listen to even some of its own MP's such as our own secetry of state for wales, who in my opinion is useless,
Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum. Nice to hear your views too and for the record I agree with what you say about the need for HS2 being urgent. It is, and all the way up north from Birmingham! Lets do it!!!!
Regards
Phil