View Single Post
Old 12th August 2008, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by davat View Post
Have just the seen the post by Dario and 60074and as i've going to Switzerland since 1966 I think all the various gauges are worth travelling on although the one 60074 hasn't as yet travelled the Rhb is one of the finest metre gauges in Switzerland not only the Bernina but the Egadine and the Albula all take some beating. Of course if one can afford the Glacier Express this is one of the finest journeys in the world. I must add the whole route can be done in stages on ordinary service trains, although the proper Glacier Express is absolutely fantastic. I'll be going at the end of the month for another outing covering both the B.L.S and going over the Gotthard.
Hope you can see more of the country 60074

Davat
Hi Davat,we are going to Grindelwald on 1 Sept and I hope to go over the Lotschberg mountain line as I have never been over it before and would like some photos of the BLS especially the Rola trains.
The Rhb will have to wait until next year(hopefully) as I have read so much about it and have various videos and DVDs.The line from Bergun to Preda looks fascinating as does the one from Pontresina to Poschiavo.
I'm also hoping to sneak off to Erstfeld too

Chris.