View Single Post
Old 21st February 2010, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmmick View Post
Yes Person hit by train does sound better than a fatality but not very many people walk away from being hit by a train very very few.
Well these aren't my statistics. Taken nationally, (ie including the Tube) there are a large number of people who do survive suicide attempts, partly because they get scared at the last moment. It must be pretty terrifying when a train is nearly on top of you.

If somone steps in front of an HST doing 125 mph they'll probably be a gonner, but you'd be surprised at the number of people who mess it up.

I once had a bloke jump in front of my train as I was coming to a stand - and he just shook his head at me like I was some sort of an idiot and walked off. Presumably he didn't realise I was a stopper.

A mate of mine was doing 70 in south London when he saw a womran running away from him in the 4 foot. It turned out that she'd changed her mind at the last moment. She tried to jump clear but lost an arm and a leg.

Alot of people do survive, but it's a life changing experience for all concerned.

I don't understand why people don't use an 'easier' method, but then I guess you've got to be pretty upset to get to that stage.

FP