View Single Post
Old 26th April 2012, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
How likely is it that two Premier football clubs would move their grounds ?
Pre65, the prime point, which was clearly made, is that both club's are planning new stadia at new locations. Opening a mothballed line and putting both on the line screams to be done - in a city with a ready made rapid-transit rail network!!!

To put an extra 10 stations on the Jubilee Line costed £3.4 billion. To put 10 stations on the eastern section of the Outer Loop: Hunts Cross, Halewood, Woolton. Gateacre, Childwall, Broad Green, Knotty Ash, West Derby, Norris Green & Walton, and probably 12 if Everton and Liverpool have stations on the line. Reusing the eastern section of the Outer Loop giving one city-wide loop will cost pennies in compassion, as most is still there. The Jubilee Line returned £4 for every £1 invested. If this project return just £2 for each £1 invested it will be a great success. I would wager it returned more.

Within the past 10 years Liverpool City Council have suggested stadium locations on the mothballed eastern section of the Outer Loop line. Also at least one on the current freight only, and scheduled to be soon electrified, Canada Dock Branch Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G.F.A.N. View Post
And here's me thinking Ringo was NEVER going to speak again.
Nice one Ringo.Keep it up.
I beat a big drum

Last edited by Ringo; 26th April 2012 at 17:43.