View Single Post
Old 7th July 2007, 22:30

Thanks for the kind words. I just spent a few hours adding lamps on the station platforms, got about half of them done. I decided to persevere with the veismann park lamps (in kit form cos they're half the price and I wanted to replace the dim bulbs supplied with bright grain of wheat bulbs), even though they are not right for the period. But - I wanted working lights and have not been able to find good-looking, working 1970s 'T' lamps.

I bought two secondhand H&M 'Mutipack' controllers from the model shop in the coach on the end of Bury Bolton Street station today, for the purpose of powering the lights on the layout. They're ideal really as they draw their power from the 12v socket of the adjacent Duette, so don't need ANOTHER seperate power supply, and they have a dial so I can control the brightness of the lights. Only one of them works though. Hey ho. I'll call it a donation to the ELR. Only cost me a tenner for the two, so......

(had a good day there by the way, double headed class 20s through the tunnels with the windows open - gloriously loud!)

I'll post more pics of the layout when I get the lights finished.

Pete