View Single Post
Old 5th December 2009, 19:02

My layout part 2

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I was last here. I've been busy putting the finishing touches to another book and starting another 2.

A couple of weeks ago when I had some spare time. What's that I hear you ask. I took apart my N Gauge layout and started on anotrher one. This time it is going to be bigger and, hopefully, better.

It now goes all the way around the inside of my shed, 8x6. Ok, so it's actually 7ft 6" by 5ft 8". The sides are 18 inches wide and the ends are two feet wide. That gives me enough room in the middle for my slender frame. It is also 4 feet above the floor, so it's at a better level to view it.

The outer six inches as 2 inch higher than the rest and will carry a double track. At one end will be a small station and a small goods yard. See 1st photo. The siding at the top right will be a carriage shed. There will be a lot more scratch building on this layout. As witnessed by my home made bridge.

I've been laying cork for the trackboard today and hope to paint it tomorrow. I'll try and keep regular updates.

Alex
Attached Images
File Type: jpg layout2.jpg (41.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg bridge1.jpg (58.2 KB, 71 views)