View Single Post
Old 19th October 2010, 11:50
Registered Member

I Agree with Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6678bjm View Post
I worry about the standards of driving of a minority irrespective of age groups and gender and class of vehicle driven so it is unfair IMHO to isolate any one group instead better regulation and enforcement of the driving standards across the board are required.

Some people may only use the car for a short trip but not everyone is capable of walking to the stop and standing in all weather and/or holding on whilst still trying to get to a seat on the bus whilst the driver races to get into the only gap in the traffic because no one will let them out, or maybe carrying heavy shopping more than a few yards is a difficulty for them through no fault of thier own.

So whilst in a perfect world public transport is a great sollution, one size does not fit all and no system can totally replace the private car which is a necessity and a lifeline for some.
Regards
Well said Brian. I along with others certainly do not agree whith what enigma45 says about older drivers. I have over fifty years of driving experience of driving including HGV 1 and PSV. I find the most dangerous drivers on the roads are the boy racers who try to show off. racing up and down in residential streets.
Being disabled and not being able to use public transport my car is a lifeline for me. I'd like to ask if enigma45 is a driver and how old is he.