View Single Post
Old 15th October 2010, 08:41

[QUOTE=pre65;54791]NO WAY !!

Don't forget the bus pass comes in at 60 and a bit (3 months at the mo).

Although I now have my bus pass, I could not survive without my car. Rural areas like where I live are not well served with public transport of any sort these days.[/QUOTE]

Just because you live in the stick with a poor bus service does not mean you are isolated. I have a friend with NO bus service and for a small sum each year he has a council taxi service to take him anywhere to contact with long distance travel or shopping.. A car is NOT a necessity just a convenience. With my bus pass I have been all over the country for free or at reduced rates and some bus firms even have a taxi service to take you to the long distance bus.,. I know the Government will probably put restrictions on the travel pass but that is no reason to become a recluse. Old drivers are just as dangerous as the young ones and according to a friend in the insurance industry the insurance companies are considering putting weighting on policies of the over 65's in the same way as the under 25's. That will get a lot of old dodder's off the road.