View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 20:46

OK
Been on the phone

Trains are only allowed to carry 2 passengers in wheelchairs
TOC's are not obliged to carry scooters but they are wheelchairs
so if I ride on my scooter and there is already one wheelchair user on the train I Can and Will be taken off the train if someone else in a wheelchair gets on the train.

This is AFTER BOOKING 24 hours in advance

So it could mean being taken off the train somewhere where I cannot get back on a train for in excess of 24 hours (wheelchairs and scooter users MUST pre-book travel by 24 hours) without any support and as if I was in the wrong

SO I am really P**d off I want to travel to places where my car and chair can't really get me - I use a scooter as I have exercise intolerance problems due to one of my illnesses
and the use of a wheelchair for more than a couple of hours is painful

So
guys can you help me suggest some places where I can get to see places like loco stable points etc.
I've got plenty of time (1 week) and can manage Hotels for 1 night at a time etc. for long runs like Scotland or Kent please point some places out for me
I do plan on London by train and taxi as there is no other way of getting to the London Stations
but I especially need parking for disabled (motability car) preferably free - like some counties give zero road tax disabled cars not to far way from places of interest

looking forward to your help

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643