View Single Post
Old 15th June 2012, 05:20

Hello from Rochester New York

So I don't know much at all about the train and railway thing, but I do love antiques. I like the fact that everything old contains history and sometimes a good story to go along with it. I have been collecting all things old since I was a young boy and I guess thats why I came to this forum to ask people with knowledge on trains on what I should do. When I was a boy my grandfather owned an old lumber company back in the 1950's and I grew up playing in the old railroad cars at the yard. Many years have passed since then and I ended up receiving the lumberyard in my grandfathers will many years ago. The cars I use to play are still there to this day there are three box cars and one caboose and around 500 yards of old curved train track that goes in the shape of a U I believe there from the 1930's-1940's. I have no idea what to do with this stuff I dont want it to get destroyed by who ever buys the property. I've contacted the town museum and there response was "NO ROOM" for something like that. So I apologize for intruding on this forum but I was just looking for some ideas on what I could do with this stuff.