View Single Post
Old 18th June 2011, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh-uk View Post
Hi there. I haven't found my way round the forum yet, but it looks great.

I've been a model engineer for some 30 years and the latest project I am just starting (which should see me out!) is to build a Class 66 in 1/8th scale (7.25" gauge track).

I have plans, but these are flat and one dimentional. I would really like to get up close and personal to a static Class 66 to photograph the detail (especially the running gear). They sometimes pass through my local stations - Woking and Guildford - as I am waiting for a train but then I don't have my camera and my mobile cannot get the detail.

My attempts to get EMD and the like to give me access have failed so far.

Does anyone know of a public vantage point in the south of England from which I could get decent close up shots of a static loco - ideally both sides!

Many thanks for any help.

Tony
Hi Tony, try Eastleigh - most freightliner trains stop at the station for a crew change, so they're static for a few minutes each time, should give you time to get some decent closeup pics. They stop at platform 1 (northbound) and platform 2 (mostly southbound), and there's two tracks in between, so you wouldn't be cramped for photographic space, if you see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6461-66591-4O27-0540-Garst-SM.jpg (128.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4194-66035.jpg (122.5 KB, 5 views)