View Single Post
Old 7th July 2010, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatcherZero View Post
The darkness sensors have been made less sensitive, on the old ones lights come on needlessly if it passes under a bridge and will take several seconds to go off, now theirs a timer that their has to be darkness for x seconds.
That's not a good thing. To be honest they're better left on, period.

Quote:
The GPS signalling system (TRAM OS) hasnt been turned on yet, at the moment its the driver who enters a code at the start of the journey which selects the correct preprogrammed destination display list. If the driver cocks and doesnt enter it at the start of the journey the display will be wrong.
If this is indeed the case, the M5000 suffers from it almost all the time. T68's do not. I also doubt this explination because the tram seems to get it right at first, then it skips ahead a stop or two without warning at random, then returns to the correct destination.

Either way I would suggest GPS is required for the system to work at all. Otherwise it would go out of sync too easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Hi DBT (or Danny?),
Going back to your original comment about rough riding on the "railway" track sections; Have you ridden in a 142 lately? The 5000's are much smoother.
I ride 142's and M5000's daily. 142's are rough but not as rough as M5000's on BR sections. The pacers mostly have very smooth track to run on these days and don't tend to bounce around as much as they used too, especially towards the cab ends. The new trams are very very bouncy and in a way that's more noticeable to Pacers. Remember the trams are less substantially built.