View Single Post
Old 18th December 2009, 21:23

Sadly no C5 but the Zero One still works fine,
Seems like the digital systems still get interference problems at rail joints so soldered joints are still needed. OK by today's standards I am limited to 16 locos simultaneously and is it 99 other things such as turnouts or lights but I never went that far using the old fashioned passing contact switches for points. I do have the full set of four controllers plugged together although never got the remote ones nor the led track display which must have been tied in with the 99 other bits. Still it is fun to run a quadruple header or the game of running two locos towards each other on the same track. My biggest problem was track continuity and affording the loco modules which although large by what I assume are today's sizes can still be fitted inside the little Hornby 'Nellies' and work reliably (got two of those plastered in Apple Green and will be the theoretical station pilots if I ever get the layout up in the roof done).
At the moment 7/8 scale steam outdoors is the occupation although with 6 inches of snow on the track it is reminicent of 1947 except I cannot call out the Army to shovel the snow away.
I remember that year well.
John (G)