View Single Post
Old 14th August 2009, 10:37

More locos

Now I have found four more locos of a german design (Orenstein and Koppel)
as well as a quarry class hunslet. I havn't bought them. This is a great project to get involved with so I am open to suggestion and membership which will start soon. A letter is now being sent to cheshire east council to put forward the proposal. Our arguement is that the preservation industry has not been affected by the economic downturn and is one of the few industries not losing money. We say that it will greatly improve the local economy attracting tourists to a picturesque area that just needs a push.
Secondly, it has been mentioned that we propose a narrow guage railway on a standard guage trackbed- this leaves plenty of room fot the footpath as it was a double track alignment and we are having a single 2 foot guage track on one side.
Finally we mention that the railway when built was ordered by an act of parliament which was never repealed so still stands today.
We also mention that more and more people are becoming entusiasts (finding their feet) and wishing for more projects like this to become a reality.
A similar letter is going to be released a the same time to the national trust (regarding the vintage buses that will take people from higher poynton to lme park) to say how this can benefit them. Of course a meeting shold follow to negotiate terms if all goes well.