View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
Mike,
Although your comments are aimed at "buffer" I'm sure there are many other forum members who would appreciate seeing some photos of your layout and the trackplan. Photos could either be posted in this thread or in the gallery.
John, I got a message from Buffer asking for a plan which I've done by hand but I'm no artist! My scheme is only my take on things and is merely a suggestion - I'm not an authority and there are many with more skill and knowledge than me.

Whatever, happy to share info on/views of my layout which I must emphasise is under construction. Track is laid, all electrics done and it operates (which is a mistake as it means I play with it instead of getting on with the ballasting and scenery!) Good loco stud (of course!) and most locos nicely weathered for me by an acquaintance in Thorne who is a recognised expert in this art.

I've posted the first pic in the gallery as it's too big to attach here. It's my home made control panel which gives a schematic of the layout and has all the studs for point changes and switches for isolating sections. The vertical row of switches are all three way and can switch each coloured section to one of three controllers - 2 on the panel and one plug in hand held. The operating well sits between the grey "yard and engine shed" and the yellow "dock branch". The green branch line rises up from the main through station and the branch station actually sits over the blue and red storage roads (which are not shown complete) and the two yellow storage sidings. (I hope that makes sense!)

Mike

Last edited by 60159; 21st January 2009 at 18:56.