View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:03

Paul I wholeheartedly agree that I would like to see these, as British made ... but ... at least they're not the b* awful 465's that just haven't been maintained internally or the 'standing room only' 466's that I seem to spend half my life on. Compared with the 357's on LTS that I use the rest of the time, they are grim! We really are the poor relations in North Kent at the present.

I'm so excited about my journey time to London coming down to 17 minutes (from Ebbsfleet to SPI) instead of the normal 50 ish to Charring Cross or Cannon Street and having to suffer the interminable bottle neck and slow speed running at London Bridge, at least until the Thameslink works are completed - when they eventually start. Yipee!

With Crossrail coming to my part of the world at Abbey Wood (sometime) and DLR from Woolwich Arsenal in the new year, I'm going to be spoilt for choice. As much as it grieves me to say it, the planners have got it at least half right and we could well get rid of one of the cars.