View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:39
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayons View Post

I have most of the main assembly modelled now but there's all the fiddly bits that I don't entirely know what they are... if there's someone who knows the "fiddly bits" I'd love to hear from you!

Brakes - I assume is the diagonal bar arrangement along the right hand side of the firebox but it's the stuff underneath that doesn't show well in photos. There has to be some sort of pivot point down there but I haven't quite figured it out!

Underneath the cab ladder plate thingy. There's an octagonal container that looks like a sand dispenser (I guess ) I think I can manage with my piccies of that but then there's a pistonny looking thing at the bottom of the plate (no idea what that is! ) and (as mentioned above) the rear drivewheel brakes,

That big pipe! It comes from (?) the smoke box and back along the right side of the boiler and then something wierd and pipey happens there beside the firebox - what is this stuff??? :confused.

Cheers! and Hi
--
Olly
Welcome to the Forum Olly.

The diagonal Bar on the right hand side is the reverser. Its set the valve gear for direction of travel and cut off ( how long steam goes into the cylinder on each stroke)

The octagonal container under the cab is the sander.

So there is a start I will have to have another look at your image to identify the rest if someone else doesn't get in first (please!)

Best wishes for Christmas and 2009,

John H-T.