View Single Post
Old 12th November 2008, 00:16

Hi Tony,

No problem, I thought that would be the case to be honest! I too used to live at the top of Agecroft Road, opposite the Henry Bods, and we used to take our dog for a walk on the "rabbit hills" as we called them behind the field and long the railways tracks. The fast lines were lifted long beforehand, as I think this is where we used to walk our dog! We were able to walk over the bridge at Bank Lane and down towards Pendleton, but as they demolished that bridge a while back now, you can only go as far as Bank Lane.

If you walk along there though, you can still see bits of old rail and whatnot, very heavily rusted though, to practically nothing. If you can manage to get across Agecroft Road to the other side, there are also the odd few items of disused railway paraphernalia.

It's really interesting to see that what is now an under used slow line was once the LYR's main line to Liverpool... it's just a shame I never saw it, as I am sure I would have had many hours of fun looking out of our bedroom window onto the bridge over Agecroft!

Ben