View Single Post
Old 20th March 2008, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstudent View Post
Only applies for the outward part of a return ticket, a saver or open return may not even state the day you travelled on.
Hence the assuming you bought your ticket before hand bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstudent View Post
I meant they just note that people who wanted to board got left behind. In my opinion TOCs must be aware if trains are too full for everyone to fit on so they can address the issue.
But in order for people to be compensated, the number of people left behind would not be enough. It would only serve as an indicator of how busy that particular service was, it could not take into account normal loadings, as services were delayed or even cancelled.

Imagine I arrive at a station to board my train, which is delayed, I see the previous train leaving filled to the brim and ten people left behind. I decide to claim I was getting that service along with the ten people who were actually left behind. If the company decides to pay out based on the conductors report, who do they compensate?

You can't expect a company to pay to anyone who claims based on a conductor saying it was full but ignoring the numbers involved, particularly if the next train, by any operator, is within an hour.

Well done for making it past that today!