View Single Post
Old 31st January 2008, 13:24

Trip to Widnes on 158 864 of East Modlands Trains

Today i traveled on this ex FGW / W&B Alpah Line 158 and i must say that it was in very good shape inside mutch better than the CT ones.

But cannot understand why someone on this forum said that the seats where not very comfortable on these as i found it resonalbley comfrotable.

And the fact that iam a big person it was mutch more comfotable than a 156 as i was not squashed by the table pleanty of room there.

It apered very clean too mutch too say Stagecoach seem to be cleanning up the trains more recently in side and out side a great improvement from Central Trains namley on the 158's.

It was working the 10.52 From Liverool to Norwich Via Widnes & Warrington etc i traveled on it from Liverpool Lime Street to Widnes art a fee of £1.30 return from Hough Green where my ticket takes me too and came back on 142 060 well worth £1.30 i say.

Also widnes station it self still has a Bristish Rail Station Sighn On the side of the Station, something for those of you whoh colect such sighn i would try and get it before it goes for scrap as Widnes Station is to be refurbished soon.

Yes Northern are spending some of that money they have saved by running 156's on L/pool to Wigan Services instead of using two 142's at busy times.