Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Diesel & Electric Discussion (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   class 153's and 156's (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=6541)

railwaybuddy 9th January 2010 18:59

class 153's and 156's

with these DMU's people think they are just boxes on wheels (they do look like that though)

i collect them and with them you buy the loco the passenger bit and the guard brake,

unlike a steam train you have to buy a the loco then some passenger coaches and the brake/guard

a box with a nice colour or 3-more unmaching(dosent have to be) steam train-coaches-brake

what would you rather buy ;)

Deathbyteacup 10th January 2010 11:13

A lump hammer to hit you with.

What are you waffling about?

swisstrains 10th January 2010 22:30

Hi Daniel,
I can see your point as DMU's do appear to be self-contained and better value for money. However, I think you will be hard pushed to convince the majority of forum members that they are better than a loco and separate coaches. Personally if I was modelling modern day British railways I would want DMU's but I would also try and find an excuse to have a loco-hauled train.:)

P.S. Please excuse the Man Utd. supporter.

Deathbyteacup 11th January 2010 07:16

I have no such affiliation to said team, but when they are playing it's quite impossible for me to get to the ELR because the people I generally go down with are wanting to watch the match.

And the prospect, with three torn ligaments and cruthces, in the snow, of going on one's own is somewhat not there.

ccmmick 11th January 2010 09:57

I cant see the point of building a nice layout and then buying 153s and 156s to run on it
Dont you think its better to have a nice steam loco and coaches i know which i would rather have.

ccmmick.

swisstrains 11th January 2010 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyteacup (Post 38440)
I have no such affiliation to said team, ...........................

In that case what's your excuse for being miserable and nasty to one of our younger forum members?

ccmmick 11th January 2010 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by railwaybuddy (Post 38274)
with these DMU's people think they are just boxes on wheels (they do look like that though)

i collect them and with them you buy the loco the passenger bit and the guard brake,

unlike a steam train you have to buy a the loco then some passenger coaches and the brake/guard

a box with a nice colour or 3-more unmaching(dosent have to be) steam train-coaches-brake

what would you rather buy ;)

I am sorry railwaybuddy

I didnt realise that you are one of our younger members if 153s and 156s make you happy then good on you.

ccmmick.

Anon Mouse 11th January 2010 12:15

Nice little steam loco? Nah you want a big monster like a Chinese DF! :)

Dave Rowland 11th January 2010 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon Mouse (Post 38462)
Nice little steam loco? Nah you want a big monster like a Chinese DF! :)

If you're going all Chinese on us, what you need is a QJ 2-10-2. Or there's always an American 'Big Boy'.....:)

ccmmick 11th January 2010 12:47

I would rather have a 9F

ccmmick.