Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can anyone help me with BCDR steam train dimensions? (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=10626)

wee-gray 16th February 2012 10:19

<Solved and finished cake pics added> can any1 help with BCDR steam train dimensions?

Hiya folks I really hope you can help me, I am making a scale replica of a BCDR balic no. 22 in cake- yes cake! I'm really strugging to find dimensions and original colours though as all the images are all angled profiles and in B&W- I wondered if anyone would have any idea from books or even from a model they have themselves, even just length, width and heigh would be amazing as I might be able to do the rest from the old photos.

I know this is a bit odd but if you can help I'd be so grateful!

I promise to post pics of the cake if you'd like to see it- it will be a masterpiece if I can get these basics :)

All the best to you all
G

Madcaravanner 16th February 2012 18:09

BCDR Sorry but which Railway

I'm guessing you mean a Baltic loco #22

Is it the 5' 3" Northern Irish one

wee-gray 17th February 2012 08:18

1 Attachment(s)
Yes that's the one, I've attached a picture if it helps- maybe I should have done that initially sorry!
Thanks for your help,
Gray

Madcaravanner 17th February 2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by wee-gray (Post 67437)
Yes that's the one, I've attached a picture if it helps- maybe I should have done that initially sorry!
Thanks for your help,
Gray

AND

No. 22 was one of four large 4-6-4 tanks built for the B&CDR by Beyer, Peacock in 1920.
They were painted in the B&CDR livery of dark olive green lined out in red and white

On Google there is a picture of a preserved loco in this livery which may help you

BTW for the line they were definitely overpowered but very good looking engines and also that is part of the 5 foot 2 inch gauge as well

John H-T 17th February 2012 21:34

Welcome to Forum wee-gray.

I have a scale outline drawing of the loco but for copyright reasons I cannot publish it on the Forum. If you send me a Private Message via the Forum we can work out how to get a copy to you.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

wee-gray 20th February 2012 08:48

Thank you both so much you've been a great help- the colour was a big worry for me as I really want to get it just right.
Its a while off but I shall get some pics up for you to see the cake if you like,
All the best,
Gray.

wee-gray 9th May 2012 13:01

4 Attachment(s)
Hi folks I just wanted to thank you again and to send you some pictures of how the cake looked, I honestly could not have done this without your help!
All the very best to you both,
Gray

DSY011 9th May 2012 13:38

Great cake model Gary. I would hate to be the one to cut that bit of master work (or is it master bake)

62440 9th May 2012 19:08

Really excellent Gray! A great shame it has to be cut and eaten.

Regards, 62440.

Madcaravanner 9th May 2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62440 (Post 69346)
Really excellent Gary! A great shame it has to be cut and eaten.

Regards, 62440.

Gray

Well done I'm just banned from cake making as the wife likes it toooooo much and she's trying to keep to her weight