Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello All (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=16365)

Tallpaul70 4th December 2018 17:33

Hello All

Hi All,

I have just joined this forum, hoping to find information that is currently eluding me, but also willing to help others with any information I have.

My railway interests are all things UK post WW2 (and a few things before!)

I am particularly a WR and S&DJ fan, currently planning a round and round model in 00 of Maidenhead on the WR main line including the Wycombe branch junction. I have a dedicated railway room 12ft x 8ft with an outward opening door.
If folks are interested I will post a plan on the forum at the end of this week when the current version of the plan is finished.

Best regards
Paul

G6 UXU 4th December 2018 19:24

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum from all the staff, looking forward to seeing the plan when it is finished, enjoy and all the best.

Andy 4th December 2018 19:32

Hi Paul, welcome aboard and we hope you enjoy the site.
cheers,
Andy

DSY011 4th December 2018 23:44

Hello Paul and welcome to the Railway Forum. I have just had to give up my OO model railway due to health problems. I had an 8' x 8' layout in a insulated shed at the bottom of my garden. Due to the base board being on top of topless kitchen units, and the fact that I'm restricted with movement, I was unable to get to wires that ran beneath the base board. I knew that I would never be able to do the work and maintain the layout. So I phoned a well known Liverpool shop who were happy to take all my rolling stock and other bits for £4,500:00. As I am now 72, I don't think I will be setting up a new layout. Good luck with your lay out, but remember, make sure you can get to all parts to maintain all the wiring.

Tallpaul70 5th December 2018 15:56

Thanks Syd, shame you had to give up! I am planning my layout for the long term. So it will be at c5ft 6ins high to make duck under and access to the underside easier.

Cheers
Paul

Tallpaul70 10th December 2018 12:51

Re:- Layout of Partly Maidenhead

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Attached is the latest version of the plan for my 12ftx8ft 00 layout I promised in last weeks posting:-

Please bear in mind:-
As my drawing skills are limited, this is put together using sections from published layouts. When I have refined it to my satisfaction, I will then draw it out at 1/10th scale on graph paper.
I still want to reduce the presence of the station to just platform ends to devote more space to the goods yard, but I have to resolve pushing the junction round towards the sharper curved end.

Sorry the plan appears upside down, the file it started in was correct way up but this is my first upload to this site!
Constructive comments welcome!

Thanks
Paul