Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Diesel & Electric Discussion (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ELR Diesel Gala 4th March & becoming a member of the ELR (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=10737)

BowlerL33 6th March 2012 21:15

ELR Diesel Gala 4th March & becoming a member of the ELR

Hello, having enjoyed yet another ELR day out on Sunday, may i ask is it worthy becoming a member as well? & can you sign up on the day?

Ive enjoyed several galas/event out there since 2009 (after re-ignighting my train hobby) & have found the place to be most welcoming. Anyway ive put some photos on the gallery. Hope you enjoy them & thanks for any info :)

DSY011 6th March 2012 21:29

Hello Bowler and welcome to the Railway Forum. It is always worth joining a preserved railway and the ELR is as good as all of the others. You found it welcoming and seem to like it so join it. You will get much more out of it as a member.

Silver Fox Phil 7th March 2012 10:46

I am sure they would welcome you with open arms on the ELR. I went for my first visit for the January Steam Gala and found them a very friendly bunch and I liked the railway. They have a good set up for sure.
I am a member of the GCR and find that very good to know I am at least contributing a little to the very costly running of any heritage site. That is my local one and easy to get too.
Anyway enjoy and all the best
Regards
Phil

Ian White 7th March 2012 11:12

Go for it as far as i know most Railway's will let you join on the day,most have membership forms at the booking halls and offices,but i always find that the more you put into it the more you'll get out of it

The ELR is great and i think i would join as they have a few BR diesels but i live a fair way away so would i get what i want out of it sadly i dont think i would :mad:

I look forward to your post's about it :D

All the best,Ian

JEB-245584/2 7th March 2012 15:39

Hi Bowler and welcome to the forum, yes you can fill in a membership application on the day and your membership will be sent on to you, you could also send in an application form, I think I should have a spare one if you wat it.

Cheers John

John H-T 8th March 2012 08:23

Welcome to the Forum Bowler. I see you live in Derby so you have the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway right on your doorstep! A very friendly setup.

Diesel Gala March 17th-18th.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

G6 UXU 8th March 2012 09:32

Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best.

BowlerL33 8th March 2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Fox Phil (Post 68146)
I am sure they would welcome you with open arms on the ELR. I went for my first visit for the January Steam Gala and found them a very friendly bunch and I liked the railway. They have a good set up for sure.
I am a member of the GCR and find that very good to know I am at least contributing a little to the very costly running of any heritage site. That is my local one and easy to get too.
Anyway enjoy and all the best
Regards
Phil

Thanks again! yes ive been to the GCR on a few occasions recently & am keen to join their set up as well. There are so many needy causes both Railway & Stock i wish i could win the Euro Lottery this Friday Phil!

Cheers Lee

BowlerL33 8th March 2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by John H-T (Post 68193)
Welcome to the Forum Bowler. I see you live in Derby so you have the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway right on your doorstep! A very friendly setup.

Diesel Gala March 17th-18th.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Hello, & thanks :) I have every intention to visit your place on this weekend! Noticed on your blog that a fellow Crown Green Bowler that i know has been painting your new Buffet Car!? Looking forward to it!

Lee

BowlerL33 8th March 2012 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEB-245584/2 (Post 68168)
Hi Bowler and welcome to the forum, yes you can fill in a membership application on the day and your membership will be sent on to you, you could also send in an application form, I think I should have a spare one if you wat it.

Cheers John

Thanks! Im coming to the DMU day on the 17th, so i'll fill one out then.

Cheers! ps ta for all the info guys
Lee