Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Passenger Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Class 315 is RUBBISH (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=10645)

ponderman 21st February 2012 19:24

Class 315 is RUBBISH

Class 315 is rubbish, seats are too small, no bogs, slow, old, falling apart, cheap third class peasant train that should be sent to the scrap yard and be replaced by 376.

37057 21st February 2012 20:59

All second/third/fourth/fifth/whatever generation units are rubbish, but we have to live with them as they are the way forward, apparently.

I don't see how a 376 is any better?

Madcaravanner 21st February 2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderman (Post 67561)
Class 315 is rubbish, seats are too small, no bogs, slow, old, falling apart, cheap third class peasant train that should be sent to the scrap yard and be replaced by 376.

the old 315 is a commuter train it's use is for high density short trips and so never got toilets the seats were designed to cram as many folk on as possible

and built as quickly as possible but now they don't get the service that they used to when BR was around so they will look like rubbish a lot faster especially as 99% of stock will be leased from a holding company so the TOC will not feel like spending THEIR profits on someone else's property

This is the way of the world now when the old Gods has been eschewed for the new God of PROFIT

IF we had a Tardis and went forward 5 years the 376 will look even worse for the same reasoning

springs branch mickey 22nd February 2012 08:19

You are spot on.
mickey

Dave Rowland 22nd February 2012 13:11

Some of the Portsmouth-Brighton services (which stop at every station) are in the hands of Class 313/2 3-car units with no toilets - must be a nightmare for anyone with kids, or if you've been to the pub; it takes over an hour.... :eek:

pre65 22nd February 2012 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rowland (Post 67603)
Some of the Portsmouth-Brighton services (which stop at every station) are in the hands of Class 313/2 3-car units with no toilets - must be a nightmare for anyone with kids, or if you've been to the pub; it takes over an hour.... :eek:

Or if, like me, one of the pills you take is a diuretic.;)

Dave Rowland 22nd February 2012 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pre65 (Post 67604)
Or if, like me, one of the pills you take is a diuretic.;)

.... AND you've been to the pub! Oooooh... I used to take Allopurinol tablets - same problem. :confused:

hairyhandedfool 22nd February 2012 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by 37057 (Post 67565)
....I don't see how a 376 is any better?

There is an extra carriage to cram on to and it is shiny on the outside.:D

wyvern 22nd February 2012 16:03

In the days of proper railways, like 1840, they would stop at a station so anyone who wanted to could "go."

On the North Midland at Wingfield and elsewhere, the lavvies were built under the engine house, with its water column, by which they could be flushed. Whishaw commented that "it was a much better arrangement than in common use on other main lines." However, he added "The doorways . . .. are in so exposed a situation as naturally to shock the female portion of travellers, who, while the trains are stopping, cannot fail to observe the constant bustle about these buildings".

Just a thought.

From my edit in Wikipedia

Master Cutler 22nd February 2012 17:55

The 315 to me, on the very rare occasions I travel one, always feels like the railway equivalent of the Reliant Robin.