Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Passenger Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bring Back British rail Campaign.-Facebbok (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=6175)

ROUGH TOR 27th November 2009 19:01

Bring Back British rail Campaign.-Facebbok

I see on facebook there is a group which has started a campaign to bring back British Rail.
They have a petition running on No10,s petition site (the Government onlione petition page) which seems to be well supported and quite busy.
Now I don,t for a minute suppose that such an obviously brilliant idea will ever happen, but for certain it can,t hurt to support it.
There is a link to the group,s own website too.
Who knows, we might get shot of this criminally inept set up the railways have had inflicted on them.
Worth a try.

Ben H 7th December 2009 19:26

I think we should start a facebook thing on facebook everybody can see it then

ACE 7th December 2009 21:18

Ahh memories, BR blue, locomotives galore, ABC Ian Allen books, I could go on...

48111 8th December 2009 06:09

I dont go on Facebook, my daughter keeps trying to get me on there but it is not private enough in some respects, I dont like it.
Having said that,if it works good for such worthwhile subjects as the originating subject of this thread, then so be it.Go for it.

Dave Rowland 8th December 2009 12:56

I agree, Facebook is a pain in the 'arris, it's 'e-mailing made complicated', if you ask me; however, it does have its uses. Since others pestered me to 'get on Facebook', and I did, I do get a lot of useless tosh (ie: 'you just got a prod from....), but have been contacted by a number of long-lost friends. I don't volunteer any private info though, just ask them to email me, whereby I can have a REAL virtual conversation!

Sussexrail 8th December 2009 19:07

Do you have a link to this Facebook group?

I know many people have fears about privacy on Facebook, but all you have to do is adjust your own privacy settings to stop people seeing what you don't want them to see.

48111 8th December 2009 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sussexrail (Post 35761)
Do you have a link to this Facebook group?

I know many people have fears about privacy on Facebook, but all you have to do is adjust your own privacy settings to stop people seeing what you don't want them to see.

Adjust setting, I have only just worked this out for switching on and off !!!!
:D:D:D:D:

ROUGH TOR 19th December 2009 20:52

They do in fact have their own website, type "Bring back British rail" into your search engine , google or whatever one you use,and it will go to it.
I will have a look and see what the address actually is

Sussexrail 21st December 2009 22:43

Thanks - would appreciate an exact address.

Trev 21st December 2009 23:45

Type "Re-nationalise the british rail network" into the FB search box.