Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big hello to the Railway Forum! (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=2750)

66521 5th July 2008 20:36

Big hello to the Railway Forum!

Hi All,

Thought I'd join up here just to see what it's like. Been interested in railways for 20 odd years, though only got into photography 2 years ago, and still improving ;)

As you can see I have 2 fotopic sites; I'm on a mission to photograph all the 66's on my class 66 site, something which sounds easier than it actually has proved to be.

I'm studying in London at the moment and try to manage to get out with the camera once a week or so, depending on time constraints.

Look forward to posting on here :)

Deathbyteacup 5th July 2008 21:06

Quote:

something which sounds easier than it actually has proved to be
The idea of trying to photograph every member of any class is a daunting task in my mind. :D

Welcome to the forum!

DSY011 5th July 2008 21:35

Hi 66521 welcome to the forum. Have a look at Brother Bernie's gallery on this forum for a lot of photos of 66's. and post some of your own as well.
Enjoy the site.

G6 UXU 5th July 2008 21:47

Hello and welcome to the Forum, you are right it wont be easy to photograph all the 66s, but if you persevere I think you will do it. There are plenty of photos of 66s in our galleries, have a good look round. Good luck and all the best.

66521 5th July 2008 21:51

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I've just been having a snoop around this site and I was wondering - do members typically post photos in 'my gallery' or one of the forum galleries, or direct link from another site (eg. fotopic?)

I just created an album in my gallery and stuck a couple of photos in there to see how it works. What's the difference between my gallery and the main forum galleries?

As for the 66's, yes, I just got 66728 yesterday at Stratford which was nice. But I have a long way to go yet. I think I'm on 277 at the moment....:eek:

SouthernSteam 5th July 2008 22:11

Hi and welcome!

Deathbyteacup 5th July 2008 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66521 (Post 17186)
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I've just been having a snoop around this site and I was wondering - do members typically post photos in 'my gallery' or one of the forum galleries, or direct link from another site (eg. fotopic?)

I just created an album in my gallery and stuck a couple of photos in there to see how it works. What's the difference between my gallery and the main forum galleries?

As for the 66's, yes, I just got 66728 yesterday at Stratford which was nice. But I have a long way to go yet. I think I'm on 277 at the moment....:eek:

Basically the main gallery catagories make it easier for people to find photos, I think any photo posted in those appears in "your gallery" anyway hence the new big warnings.

I was also a bit naughty and accidently put one or two in "Member Galleries" instead of a catagory. :D

swisstrains 5th July 2008 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66521 (Post 17186)
Hi Guys,

Hello Darryl and welcome to the forum.
Generally members are encouraged to post pictures in the Railwayforum gallery and not just link from a Fotopic or similar site.
When posting to the gallery you should put your photo into one or other of the specific categories. "My gallery" is just a quick link to all of your photos irrespective of which category you placed them in and shouldn't be used as a separate category. Hope that makes sense.

If you do want to inform members of an update to your Fotopic site/s there is a thread entitled "Members Photo Sites" in the Photographic forum.

Sorry for repeating what DBT had already said. He obviously types faster than I do.:)

66521 5th July 2008 22:40

Cheers everyone. I think that makes sense! So there's not much point posting photos to 'my gallery' as I've done with a few just now? It would be better to post them in a specific category?:)

Deathbyteacup 5th July 2008 22:47

I think that is the rule, yes. :)

I found it slightly daunting at first also.