Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bachmann class 66........ (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=8904)

saxokid 4th December 2010 23:41

Bachmann class 66........

Has anyone els on here had problems with these jumping off the rails when going over points??:(

Madcaravanner 5th December 2010 10:23

Out of my modelling Era but which make points and have you checked the back to back gauge??

I have noticed some loco's don't like Peco 100 points whilst others don't like Hornby ones but on checking almost all had at least one axle with a B2B that was too small

John H-T 5th December 2010 20:01

Check wheel back to back measurement. Most likely cause of this behaviour.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

saxokid 6th December 2010 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by John H-T (Post 56345)
Check wheel back to back measurement. Most likely cause of this behaviour.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Yer i found that some of the wheels are slightly out!!:( would it help if i made some little spaces?? all my bachmann 66"s are bought from new,but ive got 4 that keep playing up....:(

Madcaravanner 6th December 2010 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxokid (Post 56355)
Yer i found that some of the wheels are slightly out!!:( would it help if i made some little spaces?? all my bachmann 66"s are bought from new,but ive got 4 that keep playing up....:(

Just adjust the B2B you should not need spacers -- it can be a common problem in RTR stock as it is thrown together by workers who are not told the speciality of scale model making and possibly would not understand any of it anyway irrespective of which company does it

John H-T 6th December 2010 11:29

The easiest way is to get one of the back to back gauges, a brass block of exactly the right width.

I think I got mine from Shawplan at an exhibition.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Matthais-mouse 8th December 2010 13:53

I had this problem at work a few times with a bachy 57, i fixed it by removing the bogie frame, make sure the 'bearings' on each axle sit in the corrcet gap, if they are not in properlly the axle does not move freely when turning a corner. now when putting the bogie frame back on they can be a bit of a pain as 'brake blocks' tend to fit around the wheels so slip one side on first not end but side than push it over the other side and push down till it clips on. obviosuly they may not be the same but the bachy 47 57 and 37's all have these bearings so im assuming the 66's do too.

Am at work tomorrow so will have a look at our drs one and see if i can get some photos for you. hope that helps. let me know if the problem persists and i may be able to have a look at them if you can get to York Model Railway?

saxokid 10th December 2010 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthais-mouse (Post 56431)
I had this problem at work a few times with a bachy 57, i fixed it by removing the bogie frame, make sure the 'bearings' on each axle sit in the corrcet gap, if they are not in properlly the axle does not move freely when turning a corner. now when putting the bogie frame back on they can be a bit of a pain as 'brake blocks' tend to fit around the wheels so slip one side on first not end but side than push it over the other side and push down till it clips on. obviosuly they may not be the same but the bachy 47 57 and 37's all have these bearings so im assuming the 66's do too.

Am at work tomorrow so will have a look at our drs one and see if i can get some photos for you. hope that helps. let me know if the problem persists and i may be able to have a look at them if you can get to York Model Railway?

Thanks buddy your a "star".......:)

Matthais-mouse 11th December 2010 19:40

Do you need the pictures or did you fix it? net was down but now back up can post them if still needed.

saxokid 12th December 2010 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthais-mouse (Post 56551)
Do you need the pictures or did you fix it? net was down but now back up can post them if still needed.

pics would be great!! cheers:)