Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Events & Dates for your Diary (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Chasewater Coal Train Day June 12th (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=9655)

6678bjm 31st May 2011 21:02

Chasewater Coal Train Day June 12th

2 Attachment(s)
HI all

We are reopen at last after the dam improvement works to the causeway have been finished. On June 12th we will be staging a coal train themed day for our relaunch. 3 engines in steam on passenger and demo coal trains. Narrow Gauge (small seperate charge £1.00 adult & 50p Child), Model Railway. Day rover tickets Adults £3.95 Child £2.95 May be a suprise loco appearance too watch our website or facebook page for updates.

Attachment 1759Attachment 1760

(Causeway culvert picture by Chasewaterstuff)

John H-T 31st May 2011 22:27

Will try and make it Bryan, but the previous day I am going to Didcot.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

6678bjm 1st June 2011 11:06

Great, if you can make it could you bring some LMS-Patriot & EVR leaflets with you please.

Silver Fox Phil 2nd June 2011 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6678bjm (Post 61291)
HI all

We are reopen at last after the dam improvement works to the causeway have been finished. On June 12th we will be staging a coal train themed day for our relaunch. 3 engines in steam on passenger and demo coal trains. Narrow Gauge, Model Railway. Adults £3.95 Child £2.95 May be a suprise loco appearance too watch our website or facebook page for updates.

Attachment 1759Attachment 1760

(Causeway culvert picture by Chasewaterstuff)

Thanks for the update. Ticket prices are very good. I may be able to attend. Having viewed your website I have a question, will there be faggots and peas on the Sunday too?
Regards
Phil

richard thompson 2nd June 2011 20:42

Had a drive over the new culvert today-looks very good. Faggots and peas is a Saturday special, but the Brownhills cafe does quite a variety of food, including Sunday lunch usually. As its a special day the menu might be shortened.
Richard

6678bjm 2nd June 2011 21:04

Hi Phil

first apologies but see edited note on initial post re Narrow gauge price.

And sorry but as Richard says the faggots & peas is Sat 11th evening only and there is always a high demand on Sundays. I have checked with the tea room regarding what might be available on the 12th. Hot meals will be available on the day on a first come first served basis so please book at the tea room on arrival to make sure you get one, Hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you to Chasewater Railway.

Silver Fox Phil 3rd June 2011 22:21

Thanks for the info Bryan. Shame I will miss out on the Faggots and Peas. Still I will just have to make that another days outing for a treat later in the year. Looking forward the visit on Sunday if I can make it.
Regards
Phil

6678bjm 10th June 2011 13:59

Great news

RSH 7684 Nechells No.4 has passed it's steam test today (So has Hawthorne Leslie Asbestos) and will be in service on coal train day providing her test runs go ok later today and tommorow).

Regards

6678bjm 13th June 2011 11:25

Thanks to everyone who visited us on a very wet (summers?) day. We still had a good day especially as Nechells no4. returned to steam and peformed well as did Linda and AB1964. Good to see you again John and thanks for the leaflets.

Regards

Bryan

John H-T 13th June 2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6678bjm (Post 61526)
Thanks to everyone who visited us on a very wet (summers?) day. We still had a good day especially as Nechells no4. returned to steam and peformed well as did Linda and AB1964. Good to see you again John and thanks for the leaflets.

Regards

Bryan

Good day in spite of the rain Bryan. Will post a photo of Nechells No. 4 in a moment if it is any good.

Good to see you all.

Best wishes,

John.