Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Passenger Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   East Midlands Trains (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=1763)

andersley 12th November 2007 09:47

East Midlands Trains

East Midlands Trains took over from Central Trains yesterday. Here is a photo of the new livery. It is as I feared, but I guess we will get used to it. (These 153's pass my house twice hourly). :rolleyes:

http://rtranmer.fotopic.net/p46537731.html

John_142 12th November 2007 17:25

Look quite Nice saw a 158 in Liverpool today no Central Trains Lettering or East Midlands Trains Letering but still bearing it's N for Northern Spirit and It's Central Trains Stripes around the front sides.

Staf Still Wearing Central Trains Unifrom as well not a very good Start i would say in my honest opinion !

andersley 12th November 2007 20:12

Not seen one of the new liveries yet, but a 153 in Regional Railways livery was on one of the turns today! Must get some pics before they repaint it!

martin adamson 12th November 2007 21:56

I wonder if the interiors will change in the 222s or HSTs.

tache 13th November 2007 00:35

Quote:- I wonder if the interiors will change in the 222s or HSTs.

There are no plans to change anything inside the 222's except the menu- which we tried today with some of the new items planned- Just superb.

The only thing I understand that will be changing is that the 8car Meridians will be 7 soon... I couldnt get clarification on what will happen to the 8th cars..

Derby station was one of the major promises.. Derby will be getting a new station - work starts Jan 2008 and finishes in 2009.. Don't ask me the details, even EMT and the architects have started yet...

222007 13th November 2007 14:14

Frim launch day http://www.paulbigland.fotopic.net/c1406870.html

John_142 13th November 2007 16:08

There was a South West Trains Refurbished Class 158 in Liverpool Lime Street Last night working the 17.52 East mIdlands Trains Service to Nottingham.

Iam truly Sorry i didnot get the fleet number as i only got a glimpse of it from Platform Six it was hooked up to a tatty Central Trains 158 making it a four car working.

The South West Trains 158 Looked very smart what a grand job Stagecoach do of the refurbishments it was like a new train seemed as thogh it had just come out of the paint shop.

another thing that i like is the name East Midlands Trains very posh and interesting i say unlike boring old Northern.

"Will there be a West Midlands Trains or a North West Trains or even Mersyside Trains ? " (Dreaming again).

andersley 13th November 2007 22:40

Saw a new EMT liveried 153 past our house today, but did not get a picture - yet!

But did catch the Regional Railways liveried 153311 and a debranded CT one.

http://images.fotopic.net/yqqjpv.jpg

http://images.fotopic.net/yqqjpw.jpg

222007 13th November 2007 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tache (Post 11234)
The only thing I understand that will be changing is that the 8car Meridians will be 7 soon... I couldnt get clarification on what will happen to the 8th cars..

I'm sorry but the 8car Meridians are staying just as they are as they are to be used on heavily loaded Sheffield turns so as EMT's can get the decreased journey times. Assuming a change of heart is has and the 8th car goes then it would mean more 5car 222's

John_142 14th November 2007 11:52

East Midalnds Trains Operated Class 158 Numbered 833 a Refurbished South West Trains Unit on the 19.12 from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime Street last night 13/11/2007 along with a tatty ex Central Trains 158 on the back making it a forur car working.

I was extreemly ipresed with the refurbishment of 158 883 done to a very high Standard alotogh Just seemed to be a genral refurbishment it was exerlent very high quiality paint work inside and out and Quality Carpets and High Quality Seat Coverings and extra padding.

A taste of things to i would expect and it Seems that Stagecoach arent wasting any time in Putting there Policies and packages in to prospective.

"Well done Stagecoach"

martin adamson 14th November 2007 16:58

Apparently EMT are putting barriers at Sheffield! :( There goes another station that you use to be able to freely walk in and out of.

John_142 15th November 2007 15:09

158 883 seems to be regular on the 19.12 Hunts Croos - L/pool Lime St Last night it was on the back.

A weel recomended ride for anyone interested and it leavs Norwich at 13.57 there is anothe one of these SWT 158's but haven't had a chance to see the Number.

Iam going to see if i can get a photo of it over the week end hopefully and will try and upload it for you all to see.

John_142 16th November 2007 11:13

SWT 158 883 & 158 158 890* (Four Car Working) Were working the 19.12 from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime Street last night 16/11/2007.

I susepect that 158 890 is the Units that Has been Working the 17.52 Since Being on Loan from SWT i also suspect that they are due to go Back Soon hence them working together.:(

John_142 17th November 2007 12:31

158 890 worked the 19.12 (13.57 frm Norwich)from Hunts Cross to Liverpool Lime St alone Last Night and ran 30 Mins Late.

andersley 17th November 2007 15:23

Various liveries on 153's and others, plus steam and diesel locos at Lincoln and Ruskington during this month Alan's Fotopic Gallery

HSTjoe 21st October 2008 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A Hicks (Post 11274)
Apparently EMT are putting barriers at Sheffield! :( There goes another station that you use to be able to freely walk in and out of.

Well i was speaking to one of the staff earlier this week at derby and they said it's not happened and probably won't happen so ''fingers crossed'':)

paul miller 21st October 2008 10:51

The problem is that nowhere is "open" anymore, for the right reasons, or the wrong reasons.
Railway stations, and everything else to a certain extent, used to have access to most parts, and I can only assume that they probably dont want us around unless we are spending exhorbitant amounts of money to travel with them.
So I hope that the possible barriers at Sheffield are'nt the thin end of the wedge with regard to access at all stations.
Paul.

Flying Pig 21st October 2008 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul miller (Post 20194)
The problem is that nowhere is "open" anymore, for the right reasons, or the wrong reasons.
Railway stations, and everything else to a certain extent, used to have access to most parts, and I can only assume that they probably dont want us around unless we are spending exhorbitant amounts of money to travel with them.

Much of the damage and bad behaviour on the railway is caused by people who don't have tickets. The introduction of barriers is intended to keep them away, but IMHO it's sadly just another case of the Modern Malaise; using machines instead of employing Police with real powers of arrest. It's just a waste of money because the yobbos go somewhere else to make trouble instead of being taken off the streets.

martin adamson 21st October 2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSTjoe (Post 20188)
Well i was speaking to one of the staff earlier this week at derby and they said it's not happened and probably won't happen so ''fingers crossed'':)

Great, I suppose the big problem with the idea was that there are two entrances, so the supertram passengers wouldn't be checked. I know that there is a need for constant ticket checkes other than onboard, since apparently the trains are too crowded to check tickets and passengers during the peaks can get away with it (I can understand from the conductors point of view not wanting the tremble through the 17:11 TPX to McrAirport.) but just simply disallowing any freedom to stations.

The best methods seem to be where stations, like Wilmslow, have people at the entrance checking tickets during the peak periods only.

paul miller 22nd October 2008 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Pig (Post 20198)
Much of the damage and bad behaviour on the railway is caused by people who don't have tickets. The introduction of barriers is intended to keep them away, but IMHO it's sadly just another case of the Modern Malaise; using machines instead of employing Police with real powers of arrest. It's just a waste of money because the yobbos go somewhere else to make trouble instead of being taken off the streets.

Now we have the real reason for the introduction of limiting access to pretty well everything, the wonderful minority who spoil it for the rest of us.
You are 100% correct FP. We dont tackle it in an incorrect way, we just dont tackle it at all. Dont take them off the street, take them out would be my answer, and I make no apologies to anyone for saying that.
Paul.

martin adamson 29th October 2008 18:06

EMT have released the new timetable from December, many changes including axing the HST Master Cutler for a 222 version. Now there is the 'South Yorkshireman' and the 'Sheffield Continental' instead.

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/...Timetable1.pdf

John_142 8th December 2008 11:52

I now see that EMT are now stepping up the process of introducing Passenger counting devices on there 158s as i was on 158865 on Sunday and that semed to have been fitted with such devices.