Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Show us you layouts (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=6679)

Alex Crawford 23rd January 2010 15:13

Show us you layouts

Hi guys,

I know a number of you have layouts and have posted pics in the past. Can we use this thread to showcase your layouts and have them all together?

Alex

John H-T 23rd January 2010 21:23

Good idea Alex. Better start building!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

ccmmick 23rd January 2010 21:33

Well mine is in the garage end to end 20 foot long and its to dam cold at the moment to go out there, all my locos are indoors in the warm and dry.
Wait till spring might go out and do some more.

ccmmick.

DSY011 23rd January 2010 21:42

There are a lot of layouts in the Gallery under Model Railways, but you are right, we do need more. I learn a lot just by looking at others layouts. Your own layout has already shown me that some of the vehicles can be enhanced just by putting a driver and, or passenger in to it.

Gandalf 23rd January 2010 21:54

Mine is out in the garden,
Worms and Weeds are a wee bit more of a problem than dust.
John (G)
PS Gets buried in snow as well.

steam for ever 23rd January 2010 22:08

Mine is being moved from the attic to the shed which will be difficult.
I think I might use one of those electric heater you can get from argos and I suggest something similar for you ccmmick so you can model and keep warm.

When I finnish moving it all in about 6 months to year I will post a few pictures of my collection.
OO gauge and a small N gauge layout in German/ Swiss style from Feichmann.

60159 24th January 2010 00:42

Alex,

Your dedication and progress has probably put many of us to shame. I've had an attic layout in progress for more years than I care to confess to! However, if I can move it forward this year, I might be brave enough to publish a pic or two.

However, I may have mentioned in a post quite some time ago (or it could have been on Model Rail Forum), that I have a good friend of many years who is one of four who are the Scottish Region Study Group who have created the most superb layout/model, Alloa. It was shown for the first and (so far) only time at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow in 2008 and won several prizes.

It is now being shown at Doncaster 13/14 February and again at Glasgow on 26-28 February. Also scheduled this year is Perth in June and Wigan in December. I've had nothing to do with it's creation but help with it's operation. I'll be at Doncaster and Glasgow for sure and if you are there (Glasgow more likely I presume) come a say hello. It's also almost certain I'll be at Perth and very likely Wigan.

If any other Forum members are at any of these exhibitions please come and take a look at Alloa and say hello.

Mike

ccmmick 24th January 2010 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60159 (Post 39760)
Alex,

Your dedication and progress has probably put many of us to shame. I've had an attic layout in progress for more years than I care to confess to! However, if I can move it forward this year, I might be brave enough to publish a pic or two.

However, I may have mentioned in a post quite some time ago (or it could have been on Model Rail Forum), that I have a good friend of many years who is one of four who are the Scottish Region Study Group who have created the most superb layout/model, Alloa. It was shown for the first and (so far) only time at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow in 2008 and won several prizes.

It is now being shown at Doncaster 13/14 February and again at Glasgow on 26-28 February. Also scheduled this year is Perth in June and Wigan in December. I've had nothing to do with it's creation but help with it's operation. I'll be at Doncaster and Glasgow for sure and if you are there (Glasgow more likely I presume) come a say hello. It's also almost certain I'll be at Perth and very likely Wigan.

If any other Forum members are at any of these exhibitions please come and take a look at Alloa and say hello.

Mike

A bit to far for me mate
but say hello to everyone for me.

Cheers
ccmmick.

railwaybuddy 24th January 2010 12:17

that is a very good idea,

the only down side with mine it is covered in tools at the moment but i have some pictures of it when my yard was not painted

but i will have some new pics loaded by next weekend

daniel

Belmont Road 24th January 2010 15:17

Hi I am trying to upload a layout picture but it won't do it!!