Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Freight Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How do i know what freight is about? (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=7467)

Brains 21st April 2010 20:04

How do i know what freight is about?

I sawa bloke on warrington the other week he knew what Freight was coming 5 mins before it turned up, he had a blackberry. Does anyone know how to get this info. Ta

pre65 21st April 2010 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brains (Post 45875)
I sawa bloke on warrington the other week he knew what Freight was coming 5 mins before it turned up, he had a blackberry. Does anyone know how to get this info. Ta

If he had a black beret, does that mean he was French ?

Bubblewrap 21st April 2010 21:47

Blackberrying? was he going to make jam??:p

pre65 21st April 2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblewrap (Post 45885)
Blackberrying? was he going to make jam??:p

So, you mean blackberry as in fruit ?

Perhaps he was the man from Del Monte ? Did he say "yes" ??:D

Or "he heard it on the grapevine".;)

ccmmick 21st April 2010 23:26

I was in Plymouth years ago with a ballast train for St Blazey and a young lad who was always on the platform had a TOPS printout of all the freight train workings he knew my train headcode that was more than i did that day.

ccmmick.

Brains 22nd April 2010 20:14

Your post has been deleted by me,if you do happen to be reading this as you indecated you would not be coming back,please remember you have been warned !!,and have been reported to the other Moderators

Sorry if you happened to read what was just posted gents.

Thanks,Ian

pre65 22nd April 2010 20:34

Now I must admit that my knowledge of mobile phones is a bit limited, but why call a phone blackberry ?

If it was a posh internet phone perhaps Mr Del Monte was accessing a web site ?:D

If so it would be interesting to find out which one.

Ian White 22nd April 2010 20:37

Gents,can we please leave this topic alone now i have just had to edit one outburst and it was not a very nice one at that.

All the best,Ian

Tony 22nd April 2010 21:11

Sorry Ian but I think that the original question was quite valid. How and where do you access train timetables (especially freight) on the internet ?
There will always be idiots around, it is a pity that they tend to spoil things by posting unsavory comments. Most comments on this forum can raise a smile even if some are daft, that is why I like this forum so much.
Thank you for policing the forum and saving us wallflowers from naughty comments.

faltskog36abba 22nd April 2010 22:02

i havnt a clue,but remember a railway fella at man vic dumping freight timetables in the bin once,i asked if i could have them and he locked the bin[one of those huge ones ],he said he wasnt allowed,what a shame as i would of loved to look through them,good look in your search tho.