Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Virtual Railways (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   best train sim? (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=1788)

G7USL 16th June 2010 16:38

'Rail Simulator' is the most realistic of them all. I speak from personal reality experience.

Arran 17th July 2010 20:32

Railworks is Class :cool:

G7USL 23rd July 2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arran (Post 50487)
Railworks is Class :cool:

What has Railworks got that rail Simulator hasn't?

JimRBRobinson 31st August 2010 16:29

Trainz is PANTS!!!

I HATE Trainz, in all its incarnations. Don't get me wrong, when I got Trainz 2006 (saw it cheap in Smiths) I thought it was 'ok', but I can't believe I've wasted my hand-earned dosh on both 2009 and 2010:EE. So full of bugs I'd have thought it was made by MS!!! More crashes than a stock-car race. Half the built-in scenarios and sessions don't work, the frame rate is slower than a 1950's TV and the realism is non-existant. I won't even go into the trying to create your own layouts! Oh, and half of the stuff you download off their 'Content Manager' is faulty and doesn't work.

On the other hand EA Rail Simulator - top banana!:D Lots of cheap or free downloadable content that works, descent graphics, and an all round better look and feel (IMHO).

Not got too far with BVE, but will report back once I've given it a good play!:D

Andy 14th October 2010 10:03

Railworks 2010 is due for release in a few days time, free to those who have Railworks. Seems more of an update than anything radical.

bobbert 21st May 2011 20:41

Is railworks compatible with Windows 7 ?

Just want to know if it works wthout having to mess with the computer and security systems and all that,

I have MSTS from years back and its very tricky to get any add ons to work ( seen the discussion on rail download site, downloaded add-ons that then dont work without lots of work. Might find the time sometime. )

Mendipman319 21st May 2011 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbert (Post 61045)
Is railworks compatible with Windows 7 ?

Just want to know if it works wthout having to mess with the computer and security systems and all that,

I have MSTS from years back and its very tricky to get any add ons to work ( seen the discussion on rail download site, downloaded add-ons that then dont work without lots of work. Might find the time sometime. )

Yes it is compatible. I run Railworks on my Windows 7 64bit just fine

colchesterken 22nd May 2011 18:22

Hi Billy boy //I had the microsoft train sim and added "aerosoft" london to brighton
it has about 12 options only about 4 ever worked I e mailed them and they very helpful even sent me an e mail of new version
could not load it so i removed both now cannot load either of them ,,so now with train driving experence
as a Forest gate boy how could west han go down just before being given one of the best football stadiums in the world..naighty boys...

colchesterken 22nd May 2011 18:23

that should be "without train driving"

billyboy 24th May 2011 03:50

Yes it has been a sad season for the Hammers Ken. Never mind they will be back in the Premier division after next season. Cant keep a Hammerman down for long mate. they will rise again.