Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Freight Operations and Observations (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Class 08 shunters... (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=8876)

saxokid 27th November 2010 02:07

Class 08 shunters...

Does anyone no if theres any still in use at Crewe?? or all been scrapped ......:(

Dave Rowland 27th November 2010 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxokid (Post 56114)
Does anyone no if theres any still in use at Crewe?? or all been scrapped ......:(

On the occasions I've been there over the past couple of years, none have appeared at the station, or even at the old diesel depot, but there's at least one that lives at the old carriage shed, which now has an allocation of locos. I've seen one pottering around outside, but not anywhere photographable (is that a word?).

48111 27th November 2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rowland (Post 56116)
On the occasions I've been there over the past couple of years, none have appeared at the station, or even at the old diesel depot, but there's at least one that lives at the old carriage shed, which now has an allocation of locos. I've seen one pottering around outside, but not anywhere photographable (is that a word?).

It is now Dave, you have just made it one :D:D, how are you old china ?

Dave Rowland 27th November 2010 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48111 (Post 56121)
It is now Dave, you have just made it one :D:D, how are you old china ?

Hi Peter, good to see you're back on the tracks! I'm OK, recently discovered I've got angina, and all that entails, but with the appropriate medication, I can get out and about again. I was 61 on 13th November, got a flu jab & a pneumonia jab as presents! It all catches up with yer, don't it? :)

48111 28th November 2010 11:40

Certainly does mate, this lot I have just had or even still got, has knocked me for six and I have lost 3 stone in four weeks, which in itself is not a bad thing because I was a fat *** anyway:D, but to lose it through illness like I have is worrying.
Still never mind, what has happened has happened now I have got to get me self "cracking" and try and "perk" up.

Keep warm old buddy and stay safe.

Dave Rowland 29th November 2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48111 (Post 56135)
Certainly does mate, this lot I have just had or even still got, has knocked me for six and I have lost 3 stone in four weeks, which in itself is not a bad thing because I was a fat *** anyway:D, but to lose it through illness like I have is worrying.
Still never mind, what has happened has happened now I have got to get me self "cracking" and try and "perk" up.

Keep warm old buddy and stay safe.

3 stone in 4 weeks Peter? That's a lot, but at the risk of sounding like I've got a blacker cat than you, when I was put into hospital in August 2005 with fluid retention, I weighed about seventeen and a half stone; I was let out 13 days later, and weighed ELEVEN and a half stone - that's six stone in less than two weeks! They stripped off the streamline casing, thus decreasing my axle load..... :)

62440 29th November 2010 13:14

You lot make my weight loss, a pound in the last fortnight, look silly!:(

Regards, 62440.:D

saxokid 30th November 2010 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Rowland (Post 56116)

Have to keep eye out for this one now Dave.......:)

Tony 1st December 2010 11:43

Hello Dave,
A diagnosis of angina doesn't mean the end of the world. With a good GP and the correct medication, it can be reversed. I was 58 when diagnosed with heart failure (which included angina). By taking things very easy and taking the tablets, I slowly recovered to the point where I am as fit as at 50. I havn't had an angina attack for over two years and my heart is back to normal. A slow loss of excess weight from nearly 16 stone to 14 stone (2 more to go) has made me feel much better, I can now walk properly for 1/2 mile which I havn't done for over 15 years!
I will be 70 in February.

Hi Peter,
Hope you are keeping warm and getting better.

Dave Rowland 1st December 2010 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 56212)
Hello Dave,
A diagnosis of angina doesn't mean the end of the world. With a good GP and the correct medication, it can be reversed. I was 58 when diagnosed with heart failure (which included angina). By taking things very easy and taking the tablets, I slowly recovered to the point where I am as fit as at 50. I havn't had an angina attack for over two years and my heart is back to normal. A slow loss of excess weight from nearly 16 stone to 14 stone (2 more to go) has made me feel much better, I can now walk properly for 1/2 mile which I havn't done for over 15 years!
I will be 70 in February.

Hi Peter,
Hope you are keeping warm and getting better.

Thanks Tony, the medication makes a remarkable difference; I'd got to the stage where I couldn't get more than a few yards without having to stop for a minute or two, but I can now get about (carefully) a lot easier than before. All I need now is for it to warm up a bit! :)