Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Diesel & Electric Discussion (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   6LDA Group Preserving 26004 and 26024 (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=8857)

25 298 21st November 2010 17:53

6LDA Group Preserving 26004 and 26024

Work on 26004 is progressing is well. However the bogie restoration requires extra funds for completion. Once the bogies are done then we can crack on with the task of making 26004 a runner again.

We are organising ONCE MONTHLY "Working Sundays", where new and old
6LDA members are invited to get their hands dirty by helping with the bogie restoration.
We are a friendly group. Most weekends you will find Stuart Sellar, Alasdair Cowan, John Howell applying elbow grease! Feel free to come along. If you are interested in participating,please contact me,([email protected]) and I will make sure that one of the team will be there to meet you!

Restoration of a diesel is extremely costly!
WE NEED EXTRA FUNDS continue and complete 26004's restoration! So if there are any enthusiasts willing to help fund 26004 we would love to hear from you. If anyone wants to donate monthly please contact me Every little bit helps, from as little as £10 per month.
([email protected]) and I will send a STANDING ORDER form.

If you don't wish to contribute monthly there a one-off is okay and I can send a "one-off" payment form.

Many thanks,

Brendan Kilgallon Treasurer (6LDA)

contact me at: [email protected]

John H-T 21st November 2010 20:10

Welcome to the Forum Brendan. Good to have someone actively involved in restoration on the Forum.

Good luck with the project.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

6678bjm 21st November 2010 21:17

Welcome to the Railway Forum.
A good project and I wish you luck with the project.
Please keep us updated on here
Regards

DSY011 21st November 2010 21:41

Hello Brendan and welcome to the Railway Forum. I wish you the best of luck with the fund raising and restoration project.

25 298 21st November 2010 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by John H-T (Post 55863)
Welcome to the Forum Brendan. Good to have someone actively involved in restoration on the Forum.

Good luck with the project.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Thank you. We share common ground as I am also a member of Ecclesbourne Valley Railway.

25 298 21st November 2010 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6678bjm (Post 55880)
Welcome to the Railway Forum.
A good project and I wish you luck with the project.
Please keep us updated on here
Regards

Thank you. Will be happy to update anybody with an interest in our two BRCW Sulzer Class 26's.

John H-T 22nd November 2010 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 298 (Post 55887)
Thank you. We share common ground as I am also a member of Ecclesbourne Valley Railway.

Hi Brendan,

Hope to see you at Wirksworth in due course. Still on course to open in the Spring.

We are now well into overhauling the second Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST, work will start in earnest on the overhaul of the Austerity 0-6-0ST "The Duke" in the new year. Work continues on the Calss 31 and the centre coach to make our 101 DMU into a three car set.

Best wishes,

John H-T

25 298 24th November 2010 20:14

6LDA Working Sunday this weekend (28th)

This Sunday November 28th, there will be a 6LDA Working Sunday.

All those interested in helping Stuart, Alasdair and John restore 26004 (D5304) please come along to the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway in Bo'ness near Edinburgh.
6LDA members are invited to get their hands dirty by helping with the bogie restoration.

If you are interested in participating,please contact me,([email protected]) and I will make sure that one of the team will be there to meet you! Or travel to Bo'ness and ask for one of the lads.

Many thanks,

Brendan Kilgallon Treasurer (6LDA)

contact me at: [email protected]

25 298 11th December 2010 19:13

Thank you to everyone who helped out at the recent Working Weekend restoring 26004.

Regards,

Brendan Kilgallon. 6LDA Group Treasurer

25 298 15th January 2011 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by John H-T (Post 55905)
Hi Brendan,

Hope to see you at Wirksworth in due course. Still on course to open in the Spring.

We are now well into overhauling the second Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST, work will start in earnest on the overhaul of the Austerity 0-6-0ST "The Duke" in the new year. Work continues on the Calss 31 and the centre coach to make our 101 DMU into a three car set.

Best wishes,

John H-T

All seems to be going well at Wirksworth and all stations to Duffield!