Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Railway Modelling (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Help needed (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=9074)

Madcaravanner 12th January 2011 13:48

Help needed

I am in the process of planning a station masters house forthe main station on my layout I would love to find a couple of photo's of LMSR houses preferably not part of the station but a little way back

John H-T 13th January 2011 10:55

2 Attachment(s)
Gray,

Here are a couple of photos of the Station Master's House at Idridgehay taken when we were renewing the level crossing in Oct 2007. The Station Master's House at Wirksworth is still in existance as well, but I don't have any photos.

These are both Midland Railway Structures. I would guess that most Station Master's Houses dated from pre-grouping days.

If you are interested I can probably arrange for you get a set of photos for either or both.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Madcaravanner 13th January 2011 14:01

WOW

Am I Psychic OR what

I started last night building an internal support for the walls from Scalescenes Terrace house internals in EXACTLY that layout
although I was planning using brick paper I've not got the outside walls finished yet so no problems although the windows will have to be square not rounded I've not got anything I can use for that type but it may help if I put lintels in as if the windows have been changed after building that's quite easy

saxokid 17th January 2011 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by John H-T (Post 57652)
Gray,

Here are a couple of photos of the Station Master's House at Idridgehay taken when we were renewing the level crossing in Oct 2007. The Station Master's House at Wirksworth is still in existance as well, but I don't have any photos.

These are both Midland Railway Structures. I would guess that most Station Master's Houses dated from pre-grouping days.

If you are interested I can probably arrange for you get a set of photos for either or both.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Interesting pics there john.......:)

Madcaravanner 17th January 2011 10:26

The job is progressing nicely and I'll take a couple of photo's soon to compare with your shots John

Thanks so much they are spot on

John H-T 17th January 2011 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcaravanner (Post 57752)
The job is progressing nicely and I'll take a couple of photo's soon to compare with your shots John

Thanks so much they are spot on

Glad they are helpful. Hope you will get to see the real thing soon!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Madcaravanner 27th January 2011 19:36

2 Attachment(s)
Well

Thanks to John I have my prototype built not totally pleased with it so as soon as carriage shed finished going to build another one a little differently now I have a set of curve top windows (railway style)

the present model is below