Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   remusdave (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=2314)

remus 14th March 2008 20:28

remusdave

ex enfield town loco 50 to 59 stratford to 67
passed as driver 1957 now into 7/1/4 inch steam
current club canvey m r c

swisstrains 14th March 2008 20:53

Welcome to the forum Remus. I hope you enjoy your visits.
Are you a mate of Alan Locojoe by any chance?

locojoe 14th March 2008 21:08

Enfield Town Shed

Hi remus Welcome to the forum, if you worked at Enfield Town Shed 1950/9 we must know each other. I was there from 1953/9 and I fired to Chris Chapman who was unfortunatley electrocuted at Hertford East.

Other regular drivers of mine were Stewpot Harrison and Jack Paul. I transfered to Kings Cross after leaving Enfield. I also fired to Chris Chapmans father at the Cross he was in the same link as me. Enfield men hold a reunion every year at "The Jolly Butchers" in Baker Street.
ps my name is Alan Pike.

G6 UXU 14th March 2008 22:43

Welcome to the Forum Remus, enjoy.

Ian White 14th March 2008 22:59

Hi and welcome
All the best,Ian

Trev 15th March 2008 02:13

Welcome to the forum Remus. :)

pavorossi 15th March 2008 11:55

Hello and welcome to the forum Remus.

John H-T 15th March 2008 20:24

Welcome to the Forum Remus. Look forward to your posts.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Shed Cat 16th March 2008 17:35

Welcome
7 1/4 inch steam. That's serious model engineering insn't it?
Would be great to see some pictures posted sometime.

remus 16th March 2008 17:44

hello locojoe. yes i rember you at enfield. 2 of my regular drivers where
harry butcher on 69669 and horace bunce on69658.after passing out in 1957
i was fortunate enough to spend most days driving.i also had a couple of
years at hertford driving before returning to stratford. my seniority then
put me in the top link firing on brits the norfolkman etc.
i didnt know about the reunion perhaps you could give details dave medcalf.

locojoe 16th March 2008 18:58

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dave yes I also remember you but only vaguely well it is 50 years ago. I remember Horace Bunce well he liked coffee instead of tea. I fired on a Brit once from Doncaster to Kings Cross, we had no Brits at the Cross so it was just a one off.

Johnnie Wissen from Enfield was firing in the No 1 Newcastle link and one or two other Enfield firemen who's names I've forgotten were in the Hull Leeds and York lodge, I've sent you a private message about the reunion.

Trev 16th March 2008 21:27

The power of the internet eh? :D

Hope you two enjoy the reunion and that you let us all have a report!

Dynamo 21st March 2008 16:43

Welcome to the forum mate.

remus 21st March 2008 16:48

sorry dynamo remus is the name of my 7/4 loco!

paul miller 21st March 2008 18:10

Welcome Remus, this is a great forum. How nice that you have been able to speak to people you worked with so long ago. That is what makes a forum like this special.
Paul.

locojoe 21st March 2008 18:27

N7 No 69658

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dave here's an engine and shed you know well, N7 No 69658 outside Enfield shed.

remus 22nd March 2008 21:23

enfield loco

o for the good old days when the body was strong and the mind just a
little bit crazy. did you see my loco in the gallery ,be nice if you where able
to come down and have a drive! early start tomorrow easter sunday is
childrens hunt the bunny so if the snow is thick on the ground i will have
to fit a snowplough. canvey is one of the coldest spots on earth so it will be
a wrap up warm day,cant warm your b.. in front o my 2inch fire door.
all the best dave

locojoe 22nd March 2008 22:05

Your engine looks good dave, I will try and get to Canvey Island when the weather gets a bit warmer. At the moment I'm indoors most of the time as cold weather affects my condition. If I improve a bit I'll ask for directions to your railway.

G7USL 3rd May 2008 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by locojoe (Post 14577)
Hi Dave here's an engine and shed you know well, N7 No 69658 outside Enfield shed.

Oh mate, Horace Bunce was one of the drivers who was regular on that one! I had a few trips on it and it was so slow!!!!!

Oh Memories. Ours was 69660 with Jim Hill, then I went to 69671 with Stan Banham

G7USL 3rd May 2008 21:03

Put me down for this reunion please?

Dave Taylor fireman to Jim Hill, Ernie Gray and Stan Banham at Enfield Loco;)

locojoe 4th May 2008 06:55

I always liked working with Stan Banham a real gent.

G7USL 28th April 2010 17:21

Sorry

I fell out with 'LocoJoe (alan) and I am sorry. I cannot now even remember what it was about..........................

Life is too short for that so, apologies mate.

Hope you are well?

I am not so good. My 2000 triple by-pass op has now furred up two of the grafts and I am suffering angina with just one open and doing all the work.

My days on the railway were great, even though we never appreciated it at the time, I look back to the days when it was normal to have two oil lamps resting on the axle box lubricators in the cab of 69712, my favourite N7 engine and wish we could all go back to those halcyon days again :)

klordger1900 28th April 2010 22:15

Hello Remus welcome to the forum and we look forward to discussing all things railway.
Did you know my Uncle Fred Clitheroe at Stratford, he was one of those motor bike nuts rather like some of those who frequent this forum (we have to humour them cos they are a good laugh).

locojoe 28th April 2010 23:59

Hello Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by G7USL (Post 46209)
I fell out with 'LocoJoe (alan) and I am sorry. I cannot now even remember what it was about Life is too short for that so, apologies mate. Hope you are well?
I am not so good. My 2000 triple by-pass op has now furred up two of the grafts and I am suffering angina with just one open and doing all the work.
My days on the railway were great, even though we never appreciated it at the time, I look back to the days when it was normal to have two oil lamps resting on the axle box lubricators in the cab of 69712, my favourite N7 engine and wish we could all go back to those halcyon days again :)

Hi Dave (G7USL) nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about your health problems, I also have serious health problems but like you I have to grin and bear it.
As for falling out I think it was more of a misunderstanding on both our parts Dave and as far as I'm concerned no apologies are necessary. Glad to have you back on railway forum Dave.
Best Wishes Alan. (locojoe) :)

48111 29th April 2010 06:08

remus, welcome to the Forum a good site.
Some good mates on here.
I am another retired railwayman who has very bad health problems, including Heart....Breathing....Arthiritis (very bad)...but keep smiling and as I remember my days on the railway on the footplate, sometimes I get very down, thinking how active I used to be, hardly ever had any time off sick, out in all weathers.
Never thought I would end up like this...........but "hey" plod on regardless, I go "slow line" everywhere now though LOL LOL.

remus 29th April 2010 13:44

how did that happen? I joined the forum in 2008 !!!!!

locojoe 29th April 2010 15:54

mix up

Quote:

Originally Posted by remus (Post 46234)
how did that happen? I joined the forum in 2008 !!!!!

Hi Dave (remus) I think there's a bit of a mix up between you and Dave Tailor (G7USL)

remus 1st May 2010 20:35

Hello Alan. aint it strange when fings get mixed up it never involves shed loads of cash
arriving on your doorstep by mistake does it ,only shed loads of b---y bills.
Best wishes Alan hope you are keeping o.k. Nice to hear dave t is still active and that all is well. Dave

G7USL 1st May 2010 22:34

Bit of de-je-vue there.

klordger1900 2nd May 2010 04:52

Dont you mean Dave ja vue!!

locojoe 2nd May 2010 09:28

DAVE

Quote:

Originally Posted by klordger1900 (Post 46360)
Dont you mean Dave ja vue!!

Or maybe Daves ja vue!! :D:D

G7USL 2nd May 2010 10:30

No. The previous post was made three times. It has since my last visit been reduced.

G7USL 2nd May 2010 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by remus (Post 46339)
Nice to hear dave t is still active and that all is well. Dave

Yes thanks Dave. I'm into Flight Simulation now and have been for quite a while. I am one of the original members www.swfsg.co.uk here. The software is so good and accurate that even Boeing now train their pilots using it. One of the leaders in this are http://www.precisionmanuals.com/

My other love is using 'Live for Speed' www.lfs.com in multi-player. You can even compete with the free download on one track and is satiating my 'buzz' that I used to get while I was Motorcycle Racing, It's that good!

I also run the Racing Section at http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=forum and still manage to beat youngsters a quarter of my age which is very satisfying. When you racing against say; someone in Australia, Ukraine, Hungary and many other places including the UK and beating them, it's very good for my brain activity which we should all be interested in doing as we get older. 'LFS' has the most realistic graphics of any game/simulator out there.

My other (not so often lately) enjoyment is, 'Rail Simulator'. Ten times better than 'Microsoft Train Simulator' and as I remember my time on the railways, more than 95% authentic even down to the power/amperage building up on controller positions and the field weakening system accurately shown as well. The steam sounds are more realistic as are the diesel sounds too. I thoroughly recommend this to you all and a friend I have 'Ken D,ath' also took my recommendation and achieves much pleasure for this great memory tweak. You can even sleepin before working your engine/train and that's something we never had before haha.