Railway Forum

Railway Forum (https://www.railwayforum.net/index.php)
-   Narrow Gauge (https://www.railwayforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   WHR dispute. (https://www.railwayforum.net/showthread.php?t=8406)

StoneRoad 2nd July 2011 16:52

in fact, I have the strong feeling that commonsense has prevailed, with the FfR and WHHR starting to get on much better in more recent times than they did in the less recent past! Witness the Nantmor test train....
negotiation nearly always gets better results than having a tantrum.....

Porthmadog is the Welsh spelling, Portmadoc is the English version.

StoneRoad

PS @ Silver Fox - the abbreviation Ff&WHR is already in use by the FfR!:D

steam for ever 3rd July 2011 18:00

I'm really glad that things are starting to patch up.
If WHR trains could use the WHHR station it would no longer require terminating some services at Pont Croesor.

Well done. :)

DudleyStation 6th July 2011 12:37

Popped into Porthmadog yesterday and its good news,the WHR test trains have performed superbly and hopefully later this year Gelert will pull passengers up to Beddgelert

John H-T 7th July 2011 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudleyStation (Post 62026)
Popped into Porthmadog yesterday and its good news,the WHR test trains have performed superbly and hopefully later this year Gelert will pull passengers up to Beddgelert

See full story in the latest copy of Heritage Railway: " 'Peace Train' runs on Welsh Highland" about the first test runs on Saturday 25th June.

Hopefully the two organisations will be working well to gether from now on.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

jeffo 9th July 2011 20:33

By working together they could attract a lot more visitors, I put this way I run stall in a farmers market selling veg from local gardens. Everyone said when we started that the local shops opposite would lose out. In fact they do up to 30% more trade including veg on market days.

As it been said before, each of these railways have a different type of customer, but when they have done one railway, if it's easy, I bet they run another while their there! So here is a plan, though trains and a branch connection?

steam for ever 10th July 2011 16:37

Things are looking good. Now I've read the article I can say with confidence that the war will be well and truly over when the first official through timetabled passenger train runs.

Any recent news on Russel?

Silver Fox Phil 10th July 2011 22:10

So happy to hear the good news the two are working together as it should be for the good of all!

jeffo 23rd July 2011 13:56

The Chaloner traveled the whole of the WHR today [Saturday 23rd July] and then onto WHHR metals. Must be a good sign?

Yorky 9th August 2011 15:06

Yes good to hear there is some harmony between them, just hope it lasts. I was there a few weeks since and the WHHR were very upbeat about the future prospects.